2011 in books
I know this is a little late in the year to be writing about the previous year, but then I thought; It's never too late!
I regularly read magazines, journals, books and websites relating to hypnotherapy, mental health and neuroscience. This helps to enhance my skills and knowledge in hypnotherapy, broadens my knowledge of mental health as a whole, and keeps me in touch with current practices.
Below is a list of books that I read and found helpful in 2011.
- Hypnosis in Clinical Practice: Steps for Mastering Hypnotherapy
- The Weight, Hypnotherapy and YOU Weight Reduction Program: An NLP and Hypnotherapy Practitioner's Manual
- Scripts and Strategies in Hypnotherapy: The Complete Works
- 101 Healing Stories for Kids and Teens: Using Metaphors in Therapy
Solution Focused Books:
Weight Management Books:
Books on Other Specific Issues:
- Human Givens: A New Approach to Emotional Health and Clear Thinking
- Warriors, Settlers & Nomads: Discovering Who We Are and What We Can Be
- S.U.M.O. (shut Up, Move On): The Straight Talking Guide to Creating and Enjoying a Brilliant Life
I also read the quarterly journals from the
's Journal Hypnotherapy Today.
I found all of these very helpful and have incorporated many techniques and ideas I learnt from the books in to my hypnotherapy sessions and consultation process.
I like to read books on common conditions such as the self harm book listed above so that I can fully understand these issues which clients may come to see me for.
I don’t think I have a favourite book from 2011; they were all enjoyable and helpful in different ways. Lets hope the books I read this year are as good as these were.
I did buy several other books last year that I didn't get round to reading so they've been added to my 2012 "to read" list and you'll be able to find out which ones they were when I write my "2012 in Books" blog post next year!